http://peacefulretreat.org/Q0Ue1FE I love a glass of red in the evening. Especially, when I have had a rotten day! It calms my nerves and makes me happy. Always trying to stay with the stuff that makes me healthy and happy. As I was sipping my Merlot, I was saying to myself “Self, I’m so happy that this class of wine has some health benefits!” I will share this happiness with you.
http://nadder-diary.net/1445-dte55798-best-dating-sites-for-mature-singles.html There has been so many recent articles about how red wine has health benefits. Hooray for us! i was reading this Note: The health benefits come from moderate wine consumption, defined by the American Heart Association as one to two four-ounce glasses a day. This doesn’t mean that you can drink a bottle, people! Tempting….
that site Here’s what’s considered safe and effective:
Men: No more than two drinks per day.
Women: No more than one drink per day.
One drink is defined as a 5-ounce glass of red or white wine, 12 ounces of regular beer (1 bottle) or 1.5 ounces of 80-proof distilled spirits.
1. Promotes Longevity – Wine drinkers have a 34 percent lower mortality rate than beer or spirit drinkers.
2. Reduces Heart-Attack risk – Moderate drinkers suffering from high blood pressure are 30 percent less likely to have a heart attack than nondrinkers.
3. Lowers Risk of Heart Disease – Red wine contains procyanidins which protect against heart disease. Wines from the southwest of France have more procyanidins than others.
4. Reduces Risk of Type 2 Diabetes – Moderate drinkers about 30 percent less risk of developing diabetes than nondrinkers.
5. Lowers Risk of Stroke – The possibility of suffering a blood clot-related stroke drops by 50 percent in people who consume a moderate amount of alcohol. Columbia University study of 3,176 individuals over an eight-year period, published in Stroke, 2006.
So, there ya have it. I have to admit, I never just have one glass so I totally defeat all purposes of the health benefit. But, good to know that IF I DID just have one glass, I was doing myself some good 🙂 Wine, it does a body good.